Resource Management and Community Affairs Manager
Small, dynamic organisation seeks capable and energetic resource management/environmental expert for broad and challenging role with a high performing team.
PEPANZ is a New Zealand organisation representing the interests of upstream oil and gas producers and service companies. Due to our expanding activities we are seeking a dynamic resource manager to become our new team mate. This role is an opportunity to either join, or grow within, the petroleum sector and contribute to expanding the New Zealand economy and improving New Zealand’s energy security without harming the environment.
Lead the activities of PEPANZ across the spectrum of Resource Management for the industry to ensure Petroleum Operations in New Zealand are best practice.
Contribute to the industry’s commitment to be open, transparent and available by participating, and leading, engagement with stakeholder groups across New Zealand.
Assist members with managing the smooth running of their operations (or prospective operations) in New Zealand.
To assist the CEO in representing the industry across New Zealand to build understanding of the industry, present factual information to rebut mis-information and scaremongering, explain why Petroleum resources are being developed, detail the economic benefits and discuss community and environmental impacts.
Promote the interests of the industry and, at all times, work to enhance the reputation of both PEPANZ and members.
- Provide expert advice on the consenting processes across local government and in doing so build a database of supporting information to provide assurance to regional authorities.
- Ensure PEPANZ is contributing to the development of Regional and District plans.
- Complete relevant science related projects as required, on topics of the day, to support member’s activities.
- Engaging honestly with stakeholders in a proactive, positive, warm, open and sincere way.
- Participate in community forums, make presentations, and engage broadly with interested community groups to share the practical elements of the Petroleum sector in a positive way.
- Develop the industry’s capability in the field of Conservation & the Environment and be the association expert on conservation as it relates to the industry.
- Provide expert scientific advice to members on industry matters relating to air, soil and water.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with the science community.
- In co-operation with the CEO, provide assistance to companies/members navigating their way through New Zealand’s resource management framework.
- A postgraduate qualification in an environmental science discipline (soil, water).
- At least 3 years’ experience in an operational role in industry or government.
- References that will confirm a positive contribution to teamwork.
- Petroleum sector experience is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Highly motivated, honest and reliable with energy and a 'can-do' attitude - no job is too big or too small.
- Able to work independently and take ownership for the deliverables of the role.
- Outstanding people and communication skills.
- A genuine team player attitude and the ability to get on with people from all walks of life is a priority.
- Ability to form strong trusted relationships based on values and ethics.
- Acute attention to detail and able to operate with a high degree of accuracy.
- Be flexible and able to develop new skills.
A competitive salary and personal development plan is offered commensurate with skills and experience.
For further information please contact: Andrew Saunders – Andrew.Saunders@PEPANZ.com or 04 494 8974